Friday, November 9, 2018

Changes i'd make to the study programme

Hello my fellow bloggers!

It's been two weeks from the last post (because I forgot to do it :c ) and today's blog will be about the things i'd change from my actual study programme.

First of all I'm studying foresty at Universidad de Chile.  Here in my career, there's a lot of assesments that I'd pull up from it, because I think they're useless (Leadership workshop II) or unnecesary (Math III) or they have a horrible structure (Oratory and comunication; Ecosystem's biometry and Statistics II) and other classes I'd change them to early years (Technical writing). and others that I think they're a key to forestry, like Foresy measurement, Forest inventory and Forest. management.

All the teachers says that those subjects are really important but nobody wants to teach them.  They say "(bla bla bla) and then you should apply -a thing related to the course-, but that's from forest measurement and you should see it in higher courses. So, let's keep going." And we never actually see it!

About the subjects that have bad structure, I'm almost complete certain that it's because the teachers feel uncomfortable with them. Mybe it can be because they don't like it; that isn't their specialization or something like that.

I think that our study programme has to have differents languajes courses to be able to not only speak in spanish or english but french or german too (because some papers that we use while studying are written in those languajes)


And that's all for now, see you next week! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment